A not-for-profit organization whose goal is to assist in preserving and promoting this unique archaeological site and its surrounds.
We help to:
- RAISE PUBLIC AWARENESS
of the scientific importance of the site, its surrounds & its artefacts, to Kwa-Zulu Natal, to the Republic of South Africa & to the world at large;
- MONITOR the situation and taking all possible steps to enlighten, encourage
and support all those whose responsibility it is to preserve the site and its surrounds from harm and degradation;
- SUPPORT THE SIBUDU TRUST in carrying out its aims of the management of the site and its surrounds
with due regard to national and world heritage laws, rules and practices;
- HELP TO PRESERVE the Sibudu archaeological site as well as the surroundings of Sibudu – and PROMOTE ECOLOGICAL AWARENESS, as it is a
site of special natural beauty;
- EDUCATIONAL PROJECTS - we encourage and assist those projects that are related to the site and its surrounds, both for adults and young people;
- RESPONSIBLE, ETHICAL TOURISM
– we promote sound tourist activities concerning this heritage site and its surrounds.
Executive Committee of Friends of Sibudu:
Derek Nicholson (Chair), Noreen Ramsden (Secretary), and Gordon Tomlinson
Charlotte Mbali, Christine Prestcott Sole, Jean Senogles, MaPaseka Matsime